Cars are expensive and it’s no joke really. Do you want to buy a car or buy a house is a question with some of these new cars on the market?
The goal for a pre-owned car in Los Angeles California
If your goal is to buy a car but want to keep the cost of the car low in Los Angeles California I have a few things to mention to achieve your goal for a low-cost car.
- You want to look at late models that are used. You looking at pre-owned cars that are about two to six years old. When you buy a pre-owned car from a Los Angeles car lot you’re gearing towards a 90% lifespan. That’s ideally what you’re looking for.
- You want to buy a reliable used car that’s good on gas. So you’re looking at pre-owned cars that get about 25 MPG. You can use our inventory tool for pre-owned cars in Los Angeles. Or another good place to achieve used pre-owned goals is Consumer Reports and look at what car buyers have said about the vehicle.
- The way to look at a used car in Los Angeles is to drive it till it dies I say. Once the repair bills are too high that’s when you want to look for another used car. So that’s why I say look at reliability overall.
- Have a mechanic look at the used car that you know you can trust that’s going to give it to you straight. No nonsense about spending more money if you don’t have too.
- Keep your car clean at all times. You don’t want the car to rust out on you so doing a monthly car cleaning isn’t a bad way to go. Washing your car on a regular basis is good for the car.
- You want to keep the small maintenance to yourself like wiper replacement, wiper fluid, the more maintenance you can do on your used car yourself the better.
- You want to stick to a maintenance schedule and you can ask the Los Angeles car dealership to set you up with a schedule. This will help extend the lifespan of your used car.
- Park in the shade in the summer depending on where you live it can help the life of the car and you won’t have to deal with rust spots or faded paint.
- Buy cheaper gas if you can you don’t always have to go to the first gas station you see. You can also use Gasbuddy.com to see what the cheapest gas in your area is. Use 87 gas when you’re at the pump too.
- Don’t let your car idle shut it off. Cars aren’t designed to idle, don’t add the stress to your car if you don’t have too.
Buying pre-owned cars in Los Angeles California
The best way to pay for a pre-owned car in Los Angeles California is to pay cash but most people don’t have the cash saved up so they have to get an auto loan.
You need to save for the pre-owned car and you should start now if you’re thinking of buying a pre-owned car. If you need a loan you will want to go to a credit union over working with the car dealership first.
It’s a smart way to talk to a car dealership in Los Angeles because you have another option of auto financing if the car dealer doesn’t have what you’re comfortable with.
Just know that no money down cars in Los Angeles California should be your first and only option. Shop around for rates on pre-owned cars and buy what’s affordable.
If you start saving what you’re old car payment was over let’s say seven years you can have a decent down payment for a newer pre-owned car if your current car ever dies.
You can always see if there are any local $99 down car lots near you in Los Angeles with pre-owned cars.